Stephanie is a leader in the firm’s International Tax and Wealth Services Practices. Her experience includes over 19 years in public accounting and 10 years in business management and administration. Stephanie works closely with international legal and accounting professionals to coordinate cross-border planning and compliance for individuals, trusts, estates, and closely held businesses.
In addition, she has presented on many international topics for Moss Adams professionals and outside organizations, including the Certified General Accountants of British Columbia, the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, the Council for International Tax Education, the Canadian Consulate in Seattle, the Doing Business in the USA Seminar Group, the Montana Society of CPAs, the Santa Rosa CPA Discussion Group, and the American Society of Women Accountants.
In 2000 Stephanie received the Moss Adams Technical Excellence Award in Taxation for consulting and analysis regarding the expatriation provisions of Section 877A of the Internal Revenue Code and for preparing Private Letter Ruling requests under Section 877A for individuals giving up US citizenship or US long-term permanent resident status.
Her tax knowledge and experience include:
- International tax planning, including consulting on inbound and outbound transactions of US and foreign individuals, trusts, estates, and business entities
- International estate and income tax coordination and planning for high net worth individuals
- Tax planning for individuals with respect to US expatriation and cessation of US residency
- Multistate tax planning and compliance for individuals, corporations, LLCs, and partnerships
- Income tax planning and compliance for US and foreign trusts and estates
- US disclosure requirements related to foreign assets, including IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure programs, filing options, and related reporting and tax issues
- Income, gift, and estate tax planning and compliance for US persons holding non-US assets
- Planning for ownership or use of US assets by non-US persons
- US estate tax reporting for foreign estates with US situs assets