Eric has been in public accounting since 1989. He serves a wide range of health care clients, including community health centers, home health and hospice agencies, rural hospitals and public hospital districts, mental health providers, multispecialty physician clinics, long-term care facilities, and preferred provider organizations—including organizations with A-133 reporting requirements. He has managed numerous health care facility and clinic audits and is proficient in auditing managed care arrangements and settlements between third-party payers and providers.
Eric also provides extensive health care consulting services. He has prepared feasibility studies for bond offerings through the Washington Health Care Financing Authority and conducted internal control reviews of not-for-profit and health care organizations. Eric has also facilitated strategic planning board sessions and conducted numerous internal control and agreed upon procedures engagements for health care clients of all types. In addition he performs benchmarking of health care organizations’ financial performance with industry medians, analysis of hospital charges and payer mix to help increase revenue and reduce related contractual allowances, and internal control reviews of hospitals, clinics, and outside billing agencies.
Specialized areas of emphasis include:
- Audits of health care organizations, including rural and public hospital districts, mental health providers, physician clinics, home health and hospice agencies, skilled nursing and assisted living facilities, retirement centers, external billing companies, and health insurance providers
- Audits of employee benefit plans
- Projections showing potential net income and cash flow effects on organizations considering adding or deleting a service or department
- Audits of capitation contracts for physician hospital organizations and multispecialty physician groups
- Due diligence procedures for the sale of a business
- Responding to day-to-day health care accounting questions by management
- Training clients’ accounting staff
- Examination of performance of physicians under contract with hospitals
- Internal control reviews of hospitals, clinics, and outside billing agencies.
- Benchmarking of health care organizations’ financial performance with industry medians